The Interactive Brokers Group is one of the leading global brokers with a well-established technology driven culture. We have selected Budapest, Hungary as the headquarters for our Central and Eastern European business and are seeking bright, motivated, entrepreneurial people to help launch what we expect to be one of the Group’s leading operations. To achieve this, we are looking for a Network Operations Engineer to join Interactive Brokers today.
The competitive and dynamic nature of our business translates into an environment which will give you the opportunity to demonstrate both skills and talent. In this regard you will:
- play a key role in the operation of the production network infrastructure and its supporting ecosystem,
- perform investigations and provide timely resolution to incidents affecting a vast array of network and security technologies in data centres and offices, spread across the globe,
- coordinate complex troubleshooting efforts together with the other IT teams and have the opportunity to progress beyond understanding purely networking concepts,
- prepare and roll out basic changes on classic network equipment, firewalls, load balancers and WiFi infrastructure using a big variety of tools, Ansible or the CLI. Support the design engineers with major projects related deployments,
- manage the network infrastructure life cycle by fine tuning and enriching our monitoring systems, rolling-out periodical and critical upgrades, creating performance reviews and proposing improvements as well as maintaining accurate documentation.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
If you have hands-on experience with the majority of below core topics and technologies we should talk:
- Arista and Cisco advanced routing and switching technologies and protocols,
- BGP and IGP routing protocols,
- policy based routing,
- gateway redundancy protocols,
- WAN/LAN/WLAN topologies,
- network tunnelling technologies such as GRE and IPSec,
- traffic shaping and QoS,
- experience with monitoring systems, SNMP and incident handling.
- ITIL version 3or 4 Foundation certification (not older than 3 years)
Knowledge regarding the below would also be nice to have:
- overlay technologies such as VxLAN,
- Cisco ISE TACACS and Radius,
- Palo Alto and Check Point security products,
- F5 application load balancers,
- Infoblox DNS, DHCP, IPAM and NTP services,
- Ansible automation,
- Python and Perl scripting languages,
- multimedia/VoIP solutions (SIP),
- AWS transit and direct connect gateways,
- VmWare virtualization,
- Linux basic knowledge,
- virtual testing environments such as EVE-NG and GNS3.
Other skills that will make your application a favourite are:
- between 3 and 5 years' experience as a network operation engineer within a production environment,
- minimum CCNA, ideally CCNP, level qualification or equivalent proven experience and skills,
- excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with great attention to detail and a methodical work style,
- experience working in data centres and understanding data centre infrastructure,
- strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as customer service orientation.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Base salary pegged to Euro
- Discretionary annual bonus (cash and stock)
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free recreational pass (AYCM XL package)
- Daily food allowance in the office
- Monthly BKK pass
- Hybrid way of working (2 days home office/week)
- Modern office in the heart of Budapest with free amenities
- Great atmosphere with friendly and exceptional colleagues, frequent company outings.
*The benefits package will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
You will be part of team that is building one of the world’s strongest brokerage brands, and part of a global enterprise that employs technology in all aspects of its business to generate prudent, controlled growth.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899