Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBKR); is rated #1 - Best Online Brokers 4 years in a row by Barron’s , Best Online Brokers - Barron's Award (read more). As of March 2022, we serve 1.54M clients in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. Since inception, we have been committed to delivering value through technological innovation, and providing our clients with unprecedented access to global markets at the lowest cost
We are looking for an experienced database architect to help us modernize the architecture of our existing systems using industry best practices and emerging technologies.
You will be responsible for:
- Comprehend business requirements brought forward by product managers
- Design technical solutions with emphasis on definition of database objects and their interplay with client programs
- Guide and advise software engineers who are implementing project specifications
- Identify database models in need of improvements or deviating from company standards
- Identify opportunities to use new technology to improve performance and reliability of systems
What you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in computer science or Software Engineering or related field
- 15+ years of total IT experience
- 8+ years of experience as a Data Architect
- 5+ years of Java software development experience
- 5+ years of Oracle PL/SQL development experience
- Extensive experience with Oracle RDBMS, including handling of large and complex data sets.
- Comfortable with UML.
- Python programming language
- Perl scripting language
- Linux operating system and Bash shell
- Excellent communicator
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skill with experience presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level managements, and peer engineers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
- Great leadership skills
- Willing to go the extra miles to get things done.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company lunch allowance provided and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IBKR) is a global financial services company headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA, with offices in over 15 countries. We have been at the forefront of financial innovation for over four decades, known for our cutting-edge technology and client commitment.
IBKR affiliates provide global electronic brokerage services around the clock on stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds, and funds to clients in over 200 countries and territories. We serve individual investors and institutions, including financial advisors, hedge funds and introducing brokers. Our advanced technology, competitive pricing, and global market help our clients to make the most of their investments.
Barron's has recognized Interactive Brokers as the #1 online broker for six consecutive years. Join our dynamic, multi-national team and be a part of a company that simplifies and enhances financial opportunities using state-of-the-art technology.