Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBKR); is rated #1 - Best Online Brokers 4 years in a row by Barron’s , Best Online Brokers - Barron's Award (read more). As if today March 2022, we serve 1.54M clients in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. Since inception, we have been committed to delivering value through technological innovation, and providing our clients with unprecedented access to global markets at the lowest cost
We are looking for an experienced developer to help us modernize the architecture of our existing systems using industry best practices and emerging technologies.
You will Be Responsible for:
- Participate in the creation of business and technical specifications with architects, supervisor and product managers
- Implement systems according to agreed specifications.
- Construct and execute tests for own programs.
- With fellow software engineers review coding, responsibility of test results, compliance with company standards, and adherence to specifications
- Identify systems in need of improvements or deviating from company standards.
- Identify opportunities to use new technologies to improve performance and reliability of systems.
What you will need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in computer science or Software Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of total IT experience.
- 5+ years of Java software development experience using J2EE and Spring framework.
- 5+ years of Oracle PL/SQL development experience.
- Extensive experience with Oracle RDBMS, including handling of large and complex data sets.
- Extensive experience working with complex data models involving more than 20 tables.
- Extensive experience writing and tuning complex queries with joins of three or more tables.
- Experience interpreting Oracle AWR reports.
- Experience with the Oracle Plan Management system.
- Experience with Oracle sql*loader.
- Python programming language
- Perl scripting language
- Linux operating system and Bash shell
- Good communicator
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company lunch allowance provided and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899