Financial Crimes Technical Surveillance Analyst
Interactive Brokers (UK) Limited is looking for a Surveillance Platform Management Analyst in its Compliance department to support the ongoing development and optimisation of automated detection systems for AML, Trade and Regulatory Surveillance (TS) functions across Interactive Brokers’ pan-European operations. This role will also focus on performing risk assessments and executing the model governance framework. The Surveillance Platform Management Analyst will be an integral member of the Compliance Team, reporting directly to the Head of Surveillance Platform Management. This is an outstanding opportunity to gain exposure to, and make an impact on, a fast-paced operating environment with a high exposure to financial crime and market abuse risks, using proprietary built surveillance systems and tools.
- Support the Head of Surveillance Platform Management in driving improvements to automated detections systems and tools for AML, Trade and Regulatory Surveillance (TS) functions
- Provide training to relevant Compliance teams on new or amended detection systems or tools
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of proposed developments to determine impact as required
- Document current processes, including business specifications and testing/tuning requirements of the reports
- Enhance and coordinate implementation of model governance framework
- Understand and enhance technical and functional aspects of the model, including model assumptions, conceptual soundness, mathematical formulation, model calibration, and model performance
- Maintain project trackers and actions plans, including interacting with internal teams to ensure that deliverables are executed in a timely manner
- Provide support in addressing technical needs from the relevant stakeholders
- Prepare presentations on KPIs and other relevant management information
- Provide comprehensive analytical support to all relevant stakeholders by performing qualitative and quantitative analysis of data
- High degree of comfort with technology, and understanding how it is applied to business and regulatory problems
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business related field, preferably with a strong quantitative component.
- Ability to work with data to perform statistical analysis
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements related to development and maintenance of surveillance reports
- Working knowledge of abusive trading or AML typologies
- Excellent communication, organisational, and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases design
- Python or programming experience
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899