Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. Our focus is on providing cutting-edge trading technology to keep our clients one step ahead. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful.
Our Trading Platforms group is looking for Software Developer MongoDB/ DevOps with good knowledge and ability to communicate effectively, understanding problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and collaborate for improvements and be a team player. We are looking for a high-energy, self-starting individual. You will make an immediate impact, work with the latest technology, watch your projects quickly come to completion and enjoy a competitive compensation package
- Developing noSQL storage solution for our backend microservices; leading MongoDB effort.
- Setting up CI/CD for on premise and in the cloud deployment.
- Writing and updating documentation for custom software and system design.
- Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code.
- Troubleshooting and supporting existing software applications.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related technical field. Master’s degree in related field is a plus.
- 2 years of database technologies experience.
- 2 years hands-on experience in Application Development.
- 2 years of experience in supporting software development life cycle for large-scale distributed technology projects and migrations.
- Experience building and supporting a MongoDB Ops Manager environment
- Experience supporting MongoDB databases scaled across data centers, MongoDB Shards, and with backup and restore of MongoDB databases using LVM snapshots and Ops Manager backups
- In-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets.
- Experience in writing MongoDB Schema using Mongos.
- Experience with setting and tuning MongoDB system parameters
- Expert in DevOps and CI/CD practices and tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Terraform).
- Experience with Configuration Management concepts and tools.
- Experience with application telemetry, monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong programming skills with Linux Shell scripts i.e. Bash or similar.
- Experience with networking (HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, Firewall, VPN, Routing and Load Balancing).
- Experience with RESTful API.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899