Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
IBKR is rated #1 - Best Online Brokers 4 years in a row by Barron’s, Best Online Brokers - Barron's Award (read more). As of January 2022, we serve 1.54M clients in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. Since inception, we have been committed to delivering value through technological innovation, and providing our clients with unprecedented access to global markets at the lowest cost.
IBKR is looking for The Director, Global Network Engineering to manages the overall functions to provide the efficient design, engineering and service delivery for supported Data and Voice Network infrastructure globally. This includes managing the technical solutions being delivered by external providers and internal resources, as well as management of the IT and Network staff responsible for efficient execution of all design and architecture standards, delivery processes and meeting of business requirements.
In this role the suitable candidate will be accountable for evaluating existing network architectures and driving next generation solution development across technology platforms and production environments. The individual will also work closely with the IT staff leadership to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions that meet current and future business needs.
What will you do:
- Provide strong technical guidance on design, validation, testing and acceptance within Data and Voice Network Services. Provide pre-project consulting to the projects and operations to solve business problems that will become part of a larger standardization effort.
- Drive & participate in evaluation of technologies to deliver best of breed services per business requirements.
- Develop methodologies, policies and standards to create consistency in documentation, implementation and support.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with Engineering , Operations members and procurement teams pertinent to network infrastructure changes.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the IT and business leaders, and department heads to provide RCA, research summaries and solution briefs.
- Manage Global Networks Budget as well as build sustainable business cases for introduction and improvement of technology platforms
- Act as an escalation point for resolution of complex network delivery and operational issues.
- Collaborate with members of the Infrastructure Automation team to drive supportable solution development that delivers automated provisioning and fault mitigation capabilities.
- Provide knowledge transfer sessions with peer organizations and suppliers regarding changes in procedures, processes, documentation, and frameworks.
What you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s in computer science Or Software Engineering
- 10+ years direct experience designing, installing and/or managing a highly available global production infrastructure.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in managing and driving a large team of network engineers and regional leads, providing technical direction to drive business outcomes.
- In depth understanding of infrastructure protocols (BGP, EIGRP, HSRP/VRRP, etc.), IPAM and application protocols (HTTP/S, LDAP, SNMP, etc.) as well as means of securing communications.
- Versed in a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments e.g. Cisco, Arista, Palo Alto, VMWare, F5 as well as developing and deploying solutions on open source protocols and technologies.
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications technologies (as it relates to VoIP) including: SIP, Voice packet capture, VOIP, PBXTDM, inter-working of these technologies as it relates to voice, data, broadband, IPT, and Internet services, deployment and implementation of these technologies and services.
- Strong understanding of wired and wireless connectivity platforms and protocols such as, MPLS, Multicast, VxLAN, RF optimization, 802.11x and 802.1x authentication.
Nice to have:
- Proven experience in network and infrastructure planning and development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly terms
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill with experience presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level managements, and peer engineers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Great leadership skills
- Willing to go the extra miles to get things done
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info