Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBKR); Interactive Brokers has been the pioneer of the electronic trading revolution. We rapidly scaled from a small U.S. options market-maker into a sizable global trading firm by leveraging the power of technology and automation. IBKR provide low-cost brokerage services to individuals and institutions seeking alternatives to high-priced firms, we opened our vast intercontinental electronic network and trade execution services to clients. As of Jan 2022, we serve 1.54M clients in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. Since inception, we have been committed to delivering value through technological innovation, and providing our clients with unprecedented access to global markets at the lowest cost.
As a Level 3- Windows Platform Support, you will work in fast paced environment requiring multi-tasking as you work on tickets and receive and respond to incoming tickets. Engineers in this position will act as the top escalation point for requests that require more complex break/fix incidents.
What will you do:
- Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Proactively guide engineering methodologies, standards, and leading practices
- Guidance of engineering staff and reviews of as-built configurations during the construction phase
- Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
- Excellent technical skills, enabling the creation of future-proof, complex global solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills are required to operate as a leading member of international, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions.
- Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of the firm's organizational structure to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
What you will need to have:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science /Engineering or Information Systems or Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- Minimum of 10+ years overall IT industry experience
- Minimum of 3+ years in a cloud engineering role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS capabilities.
- Knowledge of authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC
- Knowledge of cloud security controls, including conditional access policies, tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management,
- Extensive, real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions with a focus on cloud technologies
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Terraforms, etc.
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra, Couchbase
- Experience in distilling complex technical challenges to actionable decisions for stakeholders and guiding project teams by building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
- Experience coordinating the intersection of complex system dependencies and interactions
- Experience in solution delivery using Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry trends and standards
- Knowledge and experience in IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used.
- Exposure to infrastructure and application security technologies and approaches
- Familiarity with requirements gathering techniques.
- Certification Requirements (at least one Microsoft Azure Architect, AWS Workspaces, etc.)
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks* and multi-monitor setups
*Sit/Stand desks are not present in all the offices.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info