Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
Desktop Support / Service Desk Specialist
As a Desktop Support / Service Desk Specialist, you will provide first level response within Interactive Brokers (IB) on any information technology related issues regarding the Microsoft Windows platform. You will assist business and development end-users over the phone, by email and through a centralized ticketing system to resolve or escalate any IT issues. This position requires good technical knowledge and polished communications skills. The key competencies include advanced knowledge of Windows and networking technologies with a strong motivation to advance your skills. You need to have patience with those who are less technically savvy, and ability to function in a fast-paced business environment with a high sense of urgency. Additional requirements for this role are dependability and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty in assisting end-users and following technical issues through to resolution.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical assistance and support for reported issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware on a timely basis to meet department SLAs
- Resolve issues related to desktops, laptops, virtual machines, smartphones, scanners, printers, and other peripherals used by employees.
- Install operating systems, applications, hardware drivers, and customize system settings following department standards on desktop and servers.
- Analyze problems using advanced troubleshooting skills and diagnostic tools to locate root cause of the problem and provide a permanent solution to the issue to prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop a plan and deploy software using scripting knowledge.
- Prepare application AppStacks for deployment of software to VMWare workstations
- Create Windows images for OS deployments.
- Server administration; Hardware / software upgrades.
- Documents issue resolution to department knowledge base to reference in future incidents and contributes to the creation of self-help articles for employee access.
- Provide timely updates of all activity for assigned incidents including user contact attempts, and issue resolution details within incident management system; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Participates in department or firmwide projects as instructed by IT Department management
- Contributes to departmental productivity and development objectives by participating in training programs and team meetings.
- Interfaces with employees, supervisors, directors, and C-level executives employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department. Resolves problem situations in a professional manner.
- Maintains excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Participates in schedule as assigned to provide coverage, 24x7 rotation.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field is preferred.
- A+, Network+, Microsoft, VMWare certifications preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 1 year of technical support experience.
- Able to create and maintain PowerShell scripts
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Possess strong abilities in organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
- Expected to be a team player who shares knowledge for collective growth.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and customer service skills.
- Close attention to detail, flexibility, resourcefulness, ability to work independently, good problem-solving skills.
- Pays close attention to detail, displays flexibility, works independently and a demonstrated self-direction/self-starter.
- Display resourcefulness when solutions are not evident and takes initiative to address problems independently
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment.
Technical Experience Required:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems. Windows 7/10
- Advanced diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills; must have an innate curiosity and interest in IT.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong knowledge of supporting pc’s in a domain environment.
- Strong knowledge of active directory, domains and group policies.
- Strong knowledge of desktop imaging, application deployment, and hard drive encryption
- Working knowledge of VMWare workstations, administration
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack, and Wi-Fi.
- Working knowledge of DNS(Zones), and DHCP (segments, VLANS).
- Working knowledge of Office 365 cloud application suite
- Working knowledge of Office365 Administration
- Working knowledge of Windows server (2012, 2016,2019)
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks* and multi-monitor setups
*Sit/Stand desks are not present in all the offices.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info