As a member of our Operations team, the Platform Operations Engineer will help in addressing operational needs of a mixed on-premises and cloud environment.
In this role, the person is expected to have strong background in Linux System Administration and Operations. They have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. The person should have a passion for automation and learning new skills and technologies.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Strong operational skills, with ability to work with end users to understand requirements and resolve trouble tickets.
- Drive consistent standardized solutions across IB for all hardware, software, configurations, and processes.
- Implement tools and processes for efficient and effective operational management of the environment -- change management, monitoring, alerting, etc
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary, to perform high-risk or planned downtime of IB’s data centre systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Participate in permanently eliminating issues through automation.
- Interact with internal teams to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of various technical ability
- A Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Linux System Administration or Operations
- Strong background in Linux administration. Understanding of core Linux concepts and technologies (LVM, systemd, memory/cpu/network/disk management and troubleshooting, Bash scripting)
- Experience with storage protocols and technologies such as NFS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel
- Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically resolving issues
- Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take on and learn new technologies
- Good understanding of host and network security concepts
- Understanding of standard services and protocols (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory/LDAP, SSH, SNMP)
- Understanding of current monitoring concepts and tools (Prometheus, New Relic, Datadog etc)
- Familiarity with AWS or another cloud provider, programming ability (Python etc) and familiarity with DevOps tools.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info