As a member of our Operations team, the Platform Operations Engineer will help in addressing operational needs of a mixed on-premises and cloud environment.
In this role, the person is expected to have strong background in Linux System Administration and Operations. They have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. The person should have a passion for automation and learning new skills and technologies.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Strong operational skills, with ability to work with end users to understand requirements and resolve trouble tickets.
- Drive consistent standardized solutions across IB for all hardware, software, configurations, and processes.
- Implement tools and processes for efficient and effective operational management of the environment -- change management, monitoring, alerting, etc
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary, to perform high-risk or planned downtime of IB’s data centre systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Participate in permanently eliminating issues through automation.
- Interact with internal teams to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of various technical ability
- A Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Linux System Administration or Operations
- Strong background in Linux administration. Understanding of core Linux concepts and technologies (LVM, systemd, memory/cpu/network/disk management and troubleshooting, Bash scripting)
- Experience with storage protocols and technologies such as NFS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel
- Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically resolving issues
- Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take on and learn new technologies
- Good understanding of host and network security concepts
- Understanding of standard services and protocols (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory/LDAP, SSH, SNMP)
- Understanding of current monitoring concepts and tools (Prometheus, New Relic, Datadog etc)
- Familiarity with AWS or another cloud provider, programming ability (Python etc) and familiarity with DevOps tools.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary package.
- Performance based annual bonus (cash and stocks).
- Hybrid working model (3 days office/week).
- Group Medical & Life Insurance.
- Modern offices with free amenities & fully stocked cafeterias.
- Monthly food card & company paid snacks.
- Hardship/shift allowance with company provided pickup & drop facility*
- Attractive employee referral bonus.
- Frequent company sponsored team building events and outings.
* Depending upon the shifts.
**The benefits package is subject to change at the management's discretion.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899