The IT Project Manager works together with IT executives to define project priorities and key milestones while coordinating with functional managers to ensure effective task oversight and timely execution. The IT Project Manager is also responsible for coordinating, organizing and scheduling team activities for IT-related projects and effectively curate the overall IT project portfolio. The IT Project Manager maintains, documents, organizes and inventories completed project plans for recycling, reuse, or future scaling activities. The IT Project Manager must be an effective, thoughtful communicator possessing the tools and strategies to drive IT projects forward.
- Experience managing project/programs within an IT Infrastructure and Operations environment or similar experience
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure technologies in system, network and data center domains is a plus
- Experience managing dependencies, identifying risks and building consensus across teams on complex technical projects
- Experience applying Agile methodologies and practices supporting multiple teams
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Enjoy leading teams towards self-organization to predicably deliver and continuously improve
- Understanding of the tools and skills required to decompose projects into achievable tasks and goals appropriately sized and timed
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Critical Path Method, ability to model, perform and iteratively employ Critical Path Analysis, Program Evaluation and Review processes
- Excellent communication management skills with the ability to effectively and frequently communicate with project team members, managers and executives on key project timelines, priorities and deliverables. Skilled at cross-functional and cross-organizational communication
- Exhibit excellent managerial skills with an ability to grow into a leadership role of project managers in a growing, balanced / strong matrix organizational format
- Excellent written skills, the ability to accurately and quickly generate, update and manage project proposals, scope statements and mandates
- Familiar with the processes / tools used to control project schedules, risks, and changes
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Project Management Software – Microsoft Project or equivalent, etc
- Detailed knowledge of Collaboration tools like Confluence, Jira, SharePoint, ServiceNow, etc
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor or Master`s degree in computer science, business administration, software engineering or comparable
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in a similar role
- Strong and proven organization and communication skills
- Certifications in Project Management
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info