Senior Network Engineer
As a Network Engineer, you will be joining a team that is responsible for network and infrastructure of our global enterprise. Our focus is to engineer a best in class network that offers superior resiliency and low latency to provide our client’s with unmatched performance for best order execution. You will take an active role in the entire technology lifecycle; from design development, implementation, and commissioning, to routine monitoring, operation and trouble resolution.
We are seeking a highly motivated, roll-up-your-sleeves, network technologist who enjoys the challenge of owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects of varying scale and scope. You will also participate in an on call schedule with other team members to provide tier two network and infrastructure support.
The successful candidate will have deep technical experience within WAN, LAN and Security technologies, including a demonstrated background in Routing Protocols & Network Security Platforms as well as developing cost efficient wired and wireless network designs. The candidate must also have broad proficiency in Network Virtualization, Cloud computing, SDN/NFV and overlay technologies.
Develop, implement, and manage global network infrastructure
Troubleshoot/diagnose escalated outages and issues
Manage the full end to end technology life cycle
Develop and maintain technical diagrams and documentation
Work with product vendors and telecom service providers
Consult with peer organizations and management on best practices for network standards and develop configuration & platform templates to support global deployments at scale. This includes providing supporting documentation and training to the regional support teams.
Develop release management plan for platform connectivity solutions. Analyzes vulnerabilities, bugs and target features to recommend future OS versions. Provides cost-justification for implementation across IB’s environment.
Mentor junior staff in network design and automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Must have 10+ years of network engineering experience
- Proven network design and implementation experience
- Experience in networking, developing, and maintaining cloud solutions
- Strong knowledge of VoIP, STP, VTP and Virtual LAN’s and Trunking (VLAN’s); Network Security (ACL’s, IPSec Tunnels), Firewalls (Security Appliances), Netflow, IPSLA, and VPN technologies.
- Strong and broad technical knowledge and experience with converged infrastructure, switching / routing in a large and complex network, DHCP, DNS, IP (Schema, subnetting, summarization) IP management tools, network management applications, advanced WAN routing, WAN/LAN/Wireless LAN topologies, MPLS and other WAN technologies, unified Communication, IPT, traffic shaping / QoS, EIGRP/BGP, multimedia/VoIP solutions (SIP), firewalls, and contact center technology.
- Understanding of network security methodologies, architecture, and best practice application
- Experience with the following: AWS Transit gateways, direct connect gateways, VPC, Cisco routers, switches, and security devices; Palo Alto, Check Point security products; Arista networks; F5 application load balancers.
- Experience working in a data center and understanding data center infrastructure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience with network management systems
- Ability to manage tasks/projects assigned to completion
- Strong knowledge of scripting repetitive configuration tasks using Python, Perl, Chef, terraform or Ansible
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Multicast experience
- One or more advanced certifications such as CCIE or other OEM equivalent
- Experience with Cloud Network solution like AWS, Google Cloud Platform or similar.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info