The IT Project Manager works together with IT executives to define project priorities and key milestones while coordinating with functional managers to ensure effective task oversight and timely execution. The IT Project Manager is also responsible for coordinating, organizing and scheduling team activities for IT-related projects and effectively curate the overall IT project portfolio. The IT Project Manager maintains, documents, organizes and inventories completed project plans for recycling, reuse, or future scaling activities. The IT Project Manager must be an effective, thoughtful communicator possessing the tools and strategies to drive IT projects forward.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience managing project/programs within an IT Infrastructure and Operations environment or similar experience
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure technologies in system, network and data center domains is a plus
- Experience managing dependencies, identifying risks and building consensus across teams on complex technical projects
- Experience applying Agile methodologies and practices supporting multiple teams
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Enjoy leading teams towards self-organization to predictably deliver and continuously improve
- Understanding of the tools and skills required to decompose projects into achievable tasks and goals appropriately sized and timed
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Critical Path Method, ability to model, perform and iteratively employ Critical Path Analysis, Program Evaluation and Review processes
- Excellent communication management skills with the ability to effectively and frequently communicate with project team members, managers and executives on key project timelines, priorities and deliverables. Skilled at cross-functional and cross-organizational communication
- Exhibit excellent managerial skills with an ability to grow into a leadership role of project managers in a growing, balanced / strong matrix organizational format
- Excellent written skills, the ability to accurately and quickly generate, update and manage project proposals, scope statements and mandates
- Familiar with the processes / tools used to control project schedules, risks, and changes
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Project Management Software – Microsoft Project or equivalent, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of Collaboration tools like Confluence, Jira, SharePoint, ServiceNow, etc.
- Degree in IT related field
- Experienced technologist with in-depth understanding of the IT field including infrastructure technologies
- Battle-tested project manager with 8 years of experience in project management
- Strong and proven organization and communication skills
- Experience with software development or system administration or design and architecture to improve availability, scalability, latency and efficiency
- Certifications in Project Management is a plus
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899