Network Security Operations Engineer
As a Network Engineer, you will be joining a team that is responsible for network and infrastructure of our global enterprise. Our focus is to engineer a best in class network that offers superior resiliency and low latency to provide our client’s with unmatched performance for best order execution. You will take an active role in the entire technology lifecycle; from design development, implementation, and commissioning, to routine monitoring, operation and trouble resolution.
We are seeking a highly motivated, roll-up-your-sleeves, network technologist who enjoys the challenge of owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects of varying scale and scope. You will also participate in an on call schedule with other team members to provide tier two network and infrastructure support.
The Competitive and Dynamic nature of our business translates into an environment which will give you the opportunity to demonstrate both skills and talent. In this regard you will:
- Play a key role in the operation of the production network security infrastructures and it's supporting ecosystem.
- Perform investigations and provide timely resolution to incidents affecting security and a vast array of network technologies in data centers and offices spread across the globe.
- Coordinate complex troubleshooting efforts together with the other IT teams and have the opportunity to progress beyond understanding purely networking concepts.
- Prepare and roll out basic changes on firewalls, classic network equipment, load balancers and WiFi infrastructure using a big variety of tools, Ansible or the CLI. Support the design engineers with major projects related deployments.
- Manage the network infrastructure life cycle by fine tuning and enriching our monitoring systems, rolling-out periodical and critical upgrades, creating performance reviews and proposing improvements as well as maintaining accurate documentation.
If you have hands-on experience with the majority of below core topics and technologies, we should talk:
- Palo Alto and Cisco security appliances
- Network tunnelling technologies such as GRE and IPSec
- Cisco ISE TACACS and Radius
- WAN/LAN/WLAN topologies
- Gateway redundancy protocols
- BGP and IGP routing protocols
- Ansible automation
- Python and Perl scripting languages
- Experience with monitoring systems, SNMP and incident handling
- ITIL version 3or 4 Foundation certification (not older than 3 years)
Knowledge regarding the below would also be nice to have:
- Arista and Cisco routing and switching technologies and protocols
- Infoblox DNS, DHCP, IPAM and NTP services
- F5 application load balancers
- Linux basic knowledge
- Traffic shaping and QoS
- VMware virtualization
- AWS transit and direct connect gateways
- Virtual testing environments such as EVE-NG and GNS3
Other skills that will make your application a favorite is:
- At least 5-years experience as a network security operation engineer within a production environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with great attention to detail and a methodical work style.
- Experience working in data centers and understanding data center infrastructure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as customer service orientation.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899