Interactive Brokers seeks an experience Network Design Engineer to be responsible for conversion of business requirements into efficient technical network designs and implementation scripts aligned to IB’s enterprise strategies and standards; and supporting the development and deployment of network designs with adherence to IB’s technical and solution standards.
The successful candidate will have deep technical experience within WAN, LAN, Voice and Security technologies, including a demonstrated background in Routing Protocols, Contact Center & Network Security Platforms as well as developing cost efficient wired and wireless network designs. The candidate must also have broad proficiency in Network Virtualization, Cloud computing, SDN/NFV and overlay technologies.
To excel in this position, you must be able to transform complex problems and abstract concepts into executable technology solutions. In this role, the engineer is accountable for reinventing legacy/proprietary network designs to achieve open standards that are best suited for automated orchestration and fault management. Key responsibilities responsible design, implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, daily operation and upgrading of core Avaya Aura Products including System Manager, Session Manager, Communications Manager, Media Server, Voice Gateways G450/G430/G650, Application Enablement (AES), CC Elite, SIP trunking, SIP endpoints and documenting these designs and ensuring communication and delivery of these services globally.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with management as well as operations teams, and vendors regarding requisite network infrastructure changes and improvement opportunities.
- Consult with peer organizations and management on best practices for network standards and develop configuration & platform templates to support global deployments at scale. This includes providing supporting documentation and training to the regional support teams.
- Develop release management plan for platform connectivity solutions. Analyzes vulnerabilities, bugs and target features to recommend future OS versions. Provides cost-justification for implementation across IB’s environment.
- Develop automation scripts to correct deviation from standards implementation templates and perform regular audits of the environment to ensure compliance.
- Design and implement architectures to facilitate configuration and management of IB’s production networks.
- Assist with re-designing business critical services in Contact Center environments for better availability, reliability and cost efficiency.
- Consult with peer organizations on best practices and technical guidance on all manner of Merger, Acquisition and Divestiture projects.
- Mentor junior staff in network design and automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan.
- Communicate the progress of your work to your peers, customers, and leads.
- Provide self-assessment on how to improve their own performance.
- Contribute towards streamlining functional processes and help minimize resource inefficiency.
- Configure and Implement internal CA certificates.
- 8+ years of direct experience designing, installing and /or managing a highly available global production network for a large enterprise with at least 2 years of current hands on experience with data center and branch routing, switching, voice and security.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a large enterprise with a focus on reliable connectivity in, contact center and unified communications for financial and regulated environments.
- 2+ years of tooling and automation development supporting zero touch and power-on auto provisioning. Relevant work experience, including Unix systems administration with scripting experience in Shell, Ansible, Python or PERL
Skills & Attributes
- Current knowledge and demonstrated understanding of infrastructure protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, ECMP, etc.), Route optimization, load balancing, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, IPAM and application protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/UDP, LDAP, SNMP, etc.) as well as means of securing communications.
- Versed in a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments e.g. Cisco, Arista, Juniper, VMWare, F5 as well as developing and deploying solutions on open source protocols and technologies.
- Hands on knowledge of wired and wireless connectivity platforms and protocols such as DWDM, MPLS, Spanning-tree, RF optimization, 802.11x and 802.1x authentication.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Internet Protocol (IP) suite is essential, including protocols such as SIP, H.323, MGCP and their relationships and integrations in large-scale networks.
- Must have general and technical knowledge of telecommunications technologies (as it relates to VoIP) including: TCP-IP, IP routing, Voice packet capture, LAN/WAN technologies, VOIP, PBXTDM, inter-working of these technologies as it relates to voice, data, broadband, IPT, and Internet services, deployment and implementation of these technologies and services.
- Experience in developing and implementing dial plans, dial plan migration in session manager and communications manager, use of Provision to export, modify and import dial plans
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.