Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
The Infrastructure team is looking for a Platform Operations Engineer, the person will define, design and develop plans for installation/reconfiguration, and overall management of storage systems to provide reliable, resilient and secure data warehousing and management solutions. In addition they will be part of the Linux administration staff and will help administer Linux systems.
In this role, the person is expected to have good knowledge of HP/Dell/NetApp storage solutions, backup software, operating systems, virtualization, hardware and related architecture, engineering and administration. They have excellent problem-solving skills and systems troubleshooting skills. The person should have passion to continuously improve services, enhance security and optimize service performance.
You will be responsible for:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Design, implement and maintain all aspects of storage, including the various tiers of storage (high-performance, low-cost, archive, backup/recovery, and disaster recovery).
- Multi-protocol [CIFS, NFS] file-based solutions
- Block-based high-performance All-Flash Arrays.
- Object-based storage
- Disk & Tape based backup solutions.
- Provides direct support to technical and non-technical entities in order to define requirements and deliver solutions to meet organizational needs including new deployments, upgrades, performance tuning and testing.
- Implement and utilize asset inventory, configuration management database, capacity management, performance management, resource optimization, and security (access control, authorization, and accounting) for all technologies in scope.
- Define requirements, perform research, evaluate vendors/solutions, design/implement solutions, and provide ongoing support for all technologies in scope. Provide simple but effective scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Drive consistent standardized solutions across IB for all hardware, software, configurations, and processes.
- Implement tools and processes for efficient and effective operational management of the environment -- change management, monitoring, alerting, incident handling, customer request handling, etc.
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of IB’s data center systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Participate in defining and executing on a roadmap of projects that continues to raise the bar through implementing innovative technology, tools, automation, and processes.
- Interact with internal teams to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Administer and provide operational support and incident management for all storage infrastructures including archival, compliance systems, and Linux systems.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of various technical ability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good experience in managing and supporting multiple storage systems such as HP Primavera and Dell EMC storage systems, in a highly virtualized, hybrid data centers and global offices.
- Experience with storage protocols and technologies such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel, NetApp Filers, Pure Flash array and Flash blade, Nimble, EMC ECS, Cohesity, or DAS.
- Must have experience managing, optimizing, and upgrading backup environment and its schedules strategies.
- Experience with client and server hardware/software, management tools, enterprise networking, virtualization, RHEL, and/or security technologies.
- Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically resolving issues.
- Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take on and learn new technologies.
- Experience automating tasks utilizing scripting languages.
- Experience communicating at various levels including non-technical staff, leadership, management, and external customers.
You are someone who has:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience or equivalent certifications with Storage and related hardware
- 3+ years of Linux/Windows Operating systems management and administration
- Experience with communicating technical value of cloud/object storage, storage gateways or cloud backups with Azure/AWS/GCS is a major plus.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Willing to be rotational on-call for incident escalations,
- A team player with collaborative and customer centric work ethics
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.