The Interactive Brokers Group of companies is seeking a Director of Tax to join a full service in-house family office. The family office provides comprehensive wealth management services, including investment services, tax planning and compliance, financial reporting and business transaction oversight and execution. The Director of Tax will be the lead person responsible for providing tax support to the family and its entities. The position is located in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Perform tax compliance functions, including preparation of federal and multi-state individual, partnership, corporate, foundation and fiduciary income tax returns.
- Prepare and analyze comprehensive quarterly income tax projections.
- Participate in income and transfer tax planning and provide projections as required.
- Research and analyze tax issues.
- Coordinate with external accountants and advisors.
- Correspond with IRS and state tax agencies to address inquiries and resolve audits.
- Proactively consider tax law changes.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting and tax experience; CPA is required.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (preferred) in tax required.
- Experience within a family office or similar setting preferred.
- Strong understanding of tax issues, including subchapter K, U.S. international tax provisions, foreign tax credits and similar concepts.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.