Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
Interactive Brokers is looking for a talented DevOps Platform Engineer. This engineer will help us in fostering a mantra of DevOps as a Culture across a multi-team. The right person provides subject matter expertise and guidance to identify new technologies and tools. Provide technical solutions to a wide range of high complexity problems.
You will be someone who will:
- Ensures all components of the DevOps platform are running on the latest stable versions
- Provide best practices on how to leverage each of the tools in the platform
- Analyze all platform level changes and monitor impact for same and provide appropriate technical solutions to resolve issues efficiently
- Build APIs and abstractions that offer flexibility for platform users
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the organization innovate and exce
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Must have 10 years of development (DevOps – CI/CD, Git)
- Strong engineering experience working across multiple platforms and environments
- Strong experience at least in one Kafka or Kubernetes or Confluence/ JIRA
- Experience designing secure and stable Kafka platforms (Apache and/or Confluent)
- Hands on experience administering JIRA/Confluence
- Knowledge of building and maintaining automated CI/CD pipelines including managing the build infrastructure and related tooling
- Ability to provision infrastructure across multiple environments at scale
- Familiarity with common monitoring, logging, and observability platforms
- Proven ability to dive deep with problems another team is facing and help them identify short-term mitigations and long-term plans to overcome those problems
- Passion and skill for quickly learning new tools and approaches
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Highly engaged and motivated
- Great leadership skills
- Willing to go the extra miles to get things done.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Flexible work day schedule
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.