Interactive Brokers is looking for a Paralegal with experience in litigation and discovery preferably in securities and broker-dealer issues for the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. The Litigation/Discovery Paralegal will be responsible for providing assistance and administrative support to IB’s in-house attorneys and will assist in responding to litigation and regulatory inquiries.
- Accessing the firm’s systems to pull data and communications requested in litigation or by regulators.
- Provide support and assistance to IB in-house counsel, including assisting with review and filing of pleadings and discovery, preparing summary reports and review of opposing parties’ reports and exhibits.
- Track and manage production timelines.
- Quality control reviews of production materials.
- Create, organize, index and maintain electronic and hardcopy case files.
- Reviewing agreements, disclosures, account documentation and website materials.
- Work on and manage specialized projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- More than 3 years of litigation/discovery paralegal experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with electronic discovery and web-based document review platforms (including Relativity).
- Background in the financial services industry would be helpful, but not necessary.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with desktop applications (Adobe Acrobat, etc.), Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint is preferred.
- Proficiency conducting online searches and retrieving relevant information as needed.
- IT knowledge would be helpful.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.