We are looking to add an experienced API Support Specialist with prior client-facing support background in the financial services industry to our Client Service team at our Chicago. You should expect to consistently provide friendly and informative technical support to Interactive Brokers' clients and third parties.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex trading platform issues, assist third parties and clients with API integration, and liaison with the development group.
- Assist clients in various aspects of API usage:
- develop and troubleshoot their applications which connect through our various APIs, whether for algorithmic trading or other purposes.
- integration of API applications with third party software (such as charting software)
- third party institutional integration of their applications to IBKR
- Build and maintain a resource library for clients, including program snippets, documentation, consultancy resources
- Create of a variety of test and demonstration programs that utilize the IB API that clients can use as samples for their own development needs
- Develop custom tools for internal users including other teams in Customer Service
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of coursework and/or work experience programming in Java and Python. Some knowledge in C# and C++ as well
- Understanding of Linux Terminal and Windows command line tools
- Working knowledge of Git workflow
- A deep understanding of REST API architecture
- Strong written communication skills to accommodate client inquiries directed via email or online chat
- Understanding of Trading terminology
- Basic understanding and ability to work in various Operating Systems like Windows, Mac OS, Linux
- Experience with algorithmic trading
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info