Interactive Brokers Group (IBG) seeks a tax professional with a background in corporate and partnership taxation. This position will report to the Tax Director - Corporate Tax and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut. The successful candidate will also be technically proficient in ASC 740 tax provision reporting, Federal and state income tax compliance and possess a strong understanding of complex tax concepts. Successful attributes include strong communication, organizational and analytical skills, an ability to work independently, and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage various aspects of IBG’s tax compliance process, working closely at times with outside advisors on corporate and partnership federal, state, local and foreign tax returns.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly tax provision calculations for domestic and foreign subsidiaries and related financial statement disclosures under ASC 740.
- Coordinate partner tax reporting process, including taxable income estimates and additional disclosures for foreign partner reporting
- Research and document technical tax and accounting issues and disclosure matters.
- Assist with the implementation of new tax policies, strategies and procedures to support tax and other cross-functional initiatives.
- Keep abreast of changing tax laws and regulations to apply to IBG’s policies and practices.
- Respond to domestic and foreign tax agency audits, inquiries and tax notices.
- Prepare technical memos to support positions.
- Work with Accounting team and other stakeholders to identify imminent or anticipated changes in U.S. GAAP tax reporting, SEC disclosures or other financial reporting changes that will impact the reporting of global income taxes.
- Identify, develop, and help direct the implementation of technology tools and process improvements to reduce data collection time and efforts, and increase resource focus on analysis of results and variances.
- Help direct the effort to re-engineer various tax processes and document procedures.
- Perform review of all filings upon completion by outside service providers.
- Assist in various strategic special projects.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ years of accounting and/or tax experience, including at a public accounting firm or relevant industry company.
- Able to extract, analyze and synthesize data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Solid understanding of internal controls.
- CPA or advanced taxation degree.
- Experience within a multinational business.
- Accounting experience and proficiency with Oracle Financials and related data analytics skills.
- Experience with CorpTax.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Project organization skills.
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info