Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
Our Customer Reporting development team is responsible for creating, improving and maintaining the tools our clients use for decision making and account management. As a member of our team you will be responsible for key IBKR systems and tools, including PortfolioAnalyst, EmployeeTrack, account statements and tax reporting. The ideal candidate thrives in a demanding yet rewarding environment that challenges you to find innovative solutions to client and product development needs
The successful candidate must take ownership of assigned projects and all phases of the software life-cycle, while working in a fast paced agile environment. Responsibilities will include:
You will be someone who will:
- Consult with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable Java code
- Collaborate with the software development team on application design and development.
- Develop software and overseeing the deployment of applications across platforms.
- Optimize software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades.
- Do Project Planning, documenting processes and maintaining software development records
- Keep up to date with Java standards and advancements in application development.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, or related degree
- 7+ years of Java programming experience
- Must have 5 years of Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts & multi-tier applications
- Must have 5 years of strong understanding of DBMS concepts (Oracle platform is a plus)
- Knowledge of JSON and XML
- Knowledge of financial instruments is a plus
- Exposure to UNIX/Linux
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info