Interactive Brokers is looking to hire a Compliance Project Manager in the Chicago Office. This is an entry-level position with excellent growth potential for highly motivated and exceptional performers. The position will report directly to the Deputy Chief Regulator Officer and will work closely with other senior compliance managers, such as the Chief Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) Officer and the Director of Trade Surveillance, to ensure that compliance projects are clearly documented and tracked to completion.
- Maintaining project trackers and action plans, including interacting with Compliance, Legal, and Programming staff to ensure that project deliverables are executed in a timely manner.
- Drafting periodic progress reports on project status, including creating meaningful management information, to enable senior managers to understand project status easily and efficiently.
- Encourage collaboration, improve organizational efficiency by encouraging and facilitating inter-department communication and collaboration.
- Executing other administrative tasks as required from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have some regulatory compliance experience working for an exchange, a regulatory organization, a Broker Dealer (BD), a Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) or similar organization. Alternatively, demonstrated knowledge or interest in capital markets would be beneficial.
In the absence of direct industry experience, we will also consider applicants with excellent Bachelor’s-level educational credentials who have some background in law, accounting, data analytics or similar areas with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a small-team environment, and to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- High degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Excel (e.g., familiarity with V-Lookup and macros) required.
- Familiarity with project management technology (e.g., JIRA, Visio, Microsoft Project, Sharepoint) is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification a plus.
- ACAMS, CFE, CFCS, Series 7, or other regulatory licenses or certifications a plus.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info