About the company
Interactive Advisors is an online marketplace for discovering exceptional portfolio managers. We provide investors with full transparency and control. We help our clients find specialized managers and save money with low costs and automation. We have offices in Boston and London. We are a subsidiary of the Interactive Brokers Group.
The Senior Operations Analyst will be responsible for performing the firm’s day to day operational responsibilities. The role requires performing daily operational tasks working within the Technology team in London. It also involves taking the responsibility to sign off that our client data is in good order.
Key Operational Responsibilities
- Oversight of client and portfolio manager onboarding
- Daily position and cash reconciliations
- Process corporate action and proxy voting
- Monitoring clients' instructions, trading activity and handling exceptions
- Rebalancing client portfolios
- Assist with compliance and operational reports
- Monthly client billing
We want the candidate to be able to go further than daily and monthly tasks. By understanding the business and operational model in great detail we want the candidate to be able to also take the lead in areas that require analytical thinking:
- Problem identification and definition
- Requirements specification
- Testing of tool and process enhancements.
The goal is to make operations as simple and as smooth-running as possible so that it is being managed by exception instead of by effort. This is an opportunity for the candidate to become an operational automation and business domain expert, representing the operational viewpoint as the business evolves.
You will be a very diligent and detail oriented individual, comfortable around technology and willing to roll your sleeves up and get immersed in our fast paced and demanding environment. You will have:
- a numerate degree and 4+ years experience in the financial sector
- strong Excel skills
- a strong eye for detail and accuracy
- diligence so that tasks are followed up
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- some knowledge of equities, portfolios and trading
- some evidence of analytical thinking to improve a task
- the drive to be able to work both autonomously and in teams effectively
- some basic programming such as VBA, SQL or R
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info