Interactive Brokers Group is looking for a business analyst with a technical background, who is ready to play a key change management role in our growing business entities.
IT Business Analyst
As an analyst reporting to the Head of New Accounts Projects the candidate will be responsible for providing business and technical support on the consideration, design, and specification of a wide range of projects that stretch across the breadth of our business, and effectively managing the change through to implementation.
The candidate will work with local stakeholders to elicit/document requirements and determine local priorities. The candidate will liaise with the Global New Accounts team to represent their local changes and assist with prioritising the delivery schedule.
This requires a flexible person who is interested in learning all facets of a Brokerage, quickly getting up to speed on the current process and then working to make material improvements; consistently exploring, analysing, and driving change to improve our business.
- Act as an experienced business/technical analyst to support the Project/Change Management function.
- Build relationships across our operational departments (including quality client service support) and understand what the team needs, and what our business needs.
- Technical and numerical analysis, evaluation, and troubleshooting of existing systems and processes.
- Formulate proposals to improve processes and systems to meet the changing demands of our clients, business, and marketplace.
- Test execution and test support of system changes.
- Implementations support with Operational teams; producing working instructions, training, post implementation support.
- University degree in Computing or related field - desirable.
- 3+ years Business Analysis experience – accreditation is a plus.
- Strong technology experience, i.e. with relational databases (SQL).
- Demonstrable Software Level experience: use cases, wireframes, requirements review and validation, user stories, proof of concept proposals, application of algorithms or process automation.
- Demonstrable Business Level knowledge; process flow diagrams, business process modelling and design, driving discovery sessions with stakeholders, writing of detailed change specifications for programming teams.
- Knowledge of Change Management process and Project Lifecycles.
- Experience in regulatory, business and market risk analysis are a plus.
- Can take ownership/accountability for a function/product.
- Stakeholder management.
- Is driven and proactive.
- Is a quick learner.
- Ability to context switch.
- Ability to run with workload and determine priorities.
- Ability to get into the detail of how Operations run their business (understand procedures/system usage) in order to understand how change can affect their business
- Active listener with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Show distinct strategic and critical thinking, work through ambiguity and pay attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and feature the ability to work independent.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info