The successful candidate will be an integral part in the co-development and implementation of electronic order routing interfaces between Interactive Brokers (IBKR) and its clients. As part of IBKR’s Client Integration FIX team, the selected individual will coordinate the implementation, testing and deployment of FIX Integrations that will bring new business to the firm. Involvement will start in pre-sale stages and conclude with successful production deployment.
The position requires an extensive understanding of the FIX protocol being the most commonly used infrastructure for many institutions and enterprises to electronically route multi assets orders to IBKR, as well as practical experience with the implementation and testing of FIX interfaces for order routing applications.
- Interaction with clients, vendors, sales, service desks, legal & compliance, software developers, network engineers and other operation teams to integrate and maintain client connections using FIX Protocol
- Integration work will include analysis, design, development, testing, certification and quality assurance tasks
- Additional responsibilities include but not limited to configuration of test environments for development and quality assurance purposes, coordination of production releases of new interfaces and project documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Professional proficiency in at least one additional language (Japanese, Cantonese or Mandarin) is highly preferred
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and a critical thinking mindset
- Strong FIX protocol knowledge and 2-3 years of solid experience ideally in the fields of technical support or quality assurance
- Familiar with UNIX/Linux systems and command line environments
- Knowledge of telecommunications equipment and network connectivity setups
- Prior brokerage or financial industry experience is a plus
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Awk, shells) is preferred
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info