Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. Our focus is on providing cutting-edge trading technology to keep our clients one step ahead. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful.
Our Trading Platforms group is looking for Software Developer MongoDB/ DevOps with good knowledge and ability to communicate effectively, understanding problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and collaborate for improvements and be a team player. We are looking for a high-energy, self-starting individual. You will make an immediate impact, work with the latest technology, watch your projects quickly come to completion and enjoy a competitive compensation package
You will be responsible for:
- Developing noSQL storage solution for our backend microservices; leading MongoDB effort.
- Setting up CI/CD for on premise and in the cloud deployment.
- Writing and updating documentation for custom software and system design.
- Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code.
- Troubleshooting and supporting existing software applications.
You are someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related technical field. Master’s degree in related field is a plus.
- 2 years of database technologies experience.
- 2 years hands-on experience in Application Development.
- 2 years of experience in supporting software development life cycle for large-scale distributed technology projects and migrations.
- Experience building and supporting a MongoDB Ops Manager environment
- Experience supporting MongoDB databases scaled across data centers, MongoDB Shards, and with backup and restore of MongoDB databases using LVM snapshots and Ops Manager backups
- In-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets.
- Experience in writing MongoDB Schema using Mongos.
- Experience with setting and tuning MongoDB system parameters
- Expert in DevOps and CI/CD practices and tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Terraform).
- Experience with Configuration Management concepts and tools.
- Experience with application telemetry, monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong programming skills with Linux Shell scripts i.e. Bash or similar.
- Experience with networking (HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, Firewall, VPN, Routing and Load Balancing).
- Experience with RESTful API.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info