Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 43 years and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a Database Administrator with good knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and collaborate for improvements
You will be part of:
The Database Administration team. You will support database operations on production, development, and QA database environments. You will have close interaction with other members of the Database Administration team, Software Developers, and Operations teams. The best results come when all members of our team understand the business problems we are working to solve.
You will be responsible to:
- Work closely with other Database Administrators to respond to day-to-day questions regarding the database.
- Support development efforts by answering questions on technology, investigating solutions, and writing clear instructions on how to use that technology.
- Provide operational support for Production/QA/Development environments
- Work on projects as assigned and drive them to completion according to current standards and procedures of the group
- Understand impact certain systems have on our business
- Document steps taken and methods utilized in any project
You are someone who will have:
- BS in Computer Science or Mathematics or in any related quantitative field
- An ability to diagnose problems through existing processes and procedures
- 3+ years experience administering Oracle 12c in a production Linux environment
- Inquisitive nature trying to understand the root of the problem
- Composure in high-stress situations with an ability to communicate with clarity
Good to haves:
- Experience automating day-to-day Database Administration tasks in perl/ksh.
- Experience with Oracle 18c+, RAC, ASM, Disaster Recovery, Connection Manager, Oracle eBusiness Suite, Perl, ksh.
- Experience with MySQL
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info