Join INTERACTIVE BROKERS team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation since 1977, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a Team Lead -Technical Writer with good technical knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures.
You will be responsible for:
- Write software documentation from technical specifications.
- Work closely with developers and other technical members of team.
- Design, update user guides, develop documentation.
- Gather information by observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Take initiative and proactively pursue a job by interaction with the staff members who source the contents of documents in work.
- Must be able understand/decipher C++ or Java or Python code to prepare documentation.
- Translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for stakeholders
- Partner closely with training developers to create technical training content.
- Edit existing developer-written content in preparation for publication.
- Experience creating infographics to more clearly communicate workflow processes.
- Must always be diligent in protecting company data confidentiality.
- Maintain a library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use.
You are someone who has:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- 5 years of experience required in an IT development environment.
- 3+ years managing a team, preferably of technical writers.
- Must have 5 years of experience as a Technical Writer.
- Must have 5 years of experience in technical writing of software documentation, including building documentation for C++ or Java or Python,
- Drive best practices in content development within the team, working towards enhanced clarity and consistency in our materials produced.
- Highly motivated individual, proactive and independently takes initiative.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and picture.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development.
- Familiarity with web technologies and web-based content creation tools.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Must be able to provide sample of work/portfolio during interview stages.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Ability to solve problems and learn business rules and processes.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical peers and business customers.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info