Interactive Brokers (IBKR) is seeking a high skilled Senior Software Engineer for a mid-level role with experience in Oracle database systems and Java back-end, preferably with additional java script, python and/or perl knowledge. Full stack experience is also an advantage. The ideal candidate is hardworking, detail-oriented, problem-solving, a quick learner, and has the ability to interact with internal associates from various teams.
The Senior Software Engineer will be working in a team responsible for margin and risk input data management and market statistics, will participate in the complete redesign of legacy systems and implementation of new, modern, scalable and robust data management systems.
- Migrating legacy MySQL database systems into Oracle
- Refactoring and improving legacy DB schemas
- Oracle Database Maintenance
- Designing and developing DB APIs
- Designing and developing applications based on REST API
- Developing back-end website applications
- Developing front-end website architecture
- Developing data quality and integrity checks
- Working with historical data, large amounts of data
- Automatising margin rate calculations
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Minimum 5 years of experience in DB programming
- Solid academic background (minimum Bachelor’s degree) showing strong knowledge in Software Engineering, Mathematics, Science. Finance experience is not required but preferred.
- Excellent English skills are required
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Detail oriented with solid math skills
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Professional demeanour with proficient communication skills
- Ability to work in a small-team environment with a servicing attitude
- Ability to read, understand and modify legacy software code
- Ability to design and implement new software architectures
- Strong DB programming skill, proficiency with SQL/PL SQL
- Proficiency with Java EE
- Familiarity with further server-side languages such as Perl, Python and PHP
- Familiarity with Linux systems
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info