Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features, all for the lowest cost to our customers. To achieve that, we seek to actively understand and prudently manage our Firmwide risk profile.
As part of our expanding Enterprise Risk Management organization, Interactive Brokers is seeking to recruit an Financial Risk Specialist. This is a second line of defense role, based in Greenwich, reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer and partnering with the lead Financial Risk Specialist in Europe.
The Financial Risk Specialist will be responsible for identifying and analyzing the areas of potential risk threatening the assets, returns and earning capacity for success of the organization. He/she will be responsible for assessing risks to capital from credit, market and liquidity risks, as well as forecasting the potential costs to the organization and identifying options to mitigate exposures.
- Independently analyze calculations, methodologies and models used for credit, market and liquidity risks, identifies potential issues and resolves with owners
- Apply knowledge of regulatory standards e.g. CRDIV, CRR, etc. to derive assurance over current practices and controls
- Run independent scenarios to test stress test projections, capital provisions and inputs to capital reporting and ICAAP
- Review and constructively challenge calculations, assumptions and results of models used to manage market and credit risk, and project liquidity requirements across LEs
- Review risk limits across all financial risk stripes for applicability and adequacy; gathers metrics and reviews relative to risk appetite statements
- Critically analyze financial risk metrics/data and identifies areas for further analysis – identify data and metrics required for intraday monitoring of financial risks
- Monitor market, credit and liquidity risk exposures daily against limits to identify systemic or idiosyncratic risks
- Forecast and monitor market trends for impact to IB – present findings for review
- Analyze capital structure and adequacy against applicable regulatory capital ratios and requirements, including providing Risk input into ICAAP process and advise on compliance
- Assess liquidity and market risk levels by apply a risk-based approach to oversee risk taking activities
- Conduct ad hoc research to assess the severity of risk under varying scenarios and shocks
- Conduct statistical analysis to evaluate risk, using software such as SPSS and SAS/STAT
- Use financial packages and software, including portfolio management software
- 5+ years in financial services, regulatory audit or related field
- Working knowledge of relevant financial risk regulations – CRDIV, CRR, SEC, FINRA, OCC, FRB, BCBS and EBA principles on Market, Liquidity & Credit Risk stripes
- Strong data manipulation, interrogation and analysis skills – ability to use large data sets to derive conclusions and actionable outcomes
- Ability to quantitatively analyze and validate complex models – structured, demonstrable and defensible approach to applying regulatory guidance on risk management to practical applications in IB
- Recognized qualification in Risk Management or equivalent
- Quantitative primary degree is essential (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematical Finance or Economics)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills; a creative and innovative thinker
- Show distinct strategic and critical thinking; work through ambiguity, paying attention to detail
- A quick learner, able to context switch; resilient
- Active listener with strong oral and written communication skills, plus good stakeholder management
- Highly self-motivated and feature the ability to work independently (driven and proactive) - takes ownership/accountability for a function and product
- Ability to run with workload and determine priorities.
- Commercial awareness
- Strong technology experience: SQL (desirable)
- Ability to explain complex issues and present technical information clearly
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info