Join INTERACTIVE BROKERS team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
Our Fraud Prevention/Detection Team is looking for Software Engineer with good knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and collaborate for improvements and be a team player.
You will be responsible for:
- Partnering with multiple teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements and process improvements.
- Providing in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions.
- Developing Java software applications in an agile, complex, developing environment.
- Writing and updating documentation for custom software and system design
- Designing security protocols, including encryption or password protection, and ensures that they are appropriately applied to systems for fraud prevention.
- Ensuring software continues to function normally through software upgrade, and testing.
- Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code.
- Troubleshooting and supporting existing software applications.
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Identifying key areas of improvement or design focus to facilitate rapid growth from a technology standpoint.
You are someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related technical field. Master’s degree in related field is a plus.
- 5 years hands-on experience in Application Development
- 3 years of full-time professional Java and / or Python development experience
- 2 years operating in an Agile environment.
- Must have Machine Leaning experience in previous job.
- Mus have experience with relational database.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Ability to solve problems and learn business rules and processes.
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical peers and business customers.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info