IBKR Security and Fraud (SFP) team is looking for a Senior Security and Fraud Prevention Analyst who is motivated, analytical, and methodical. An ambitious individual with financial services industry background and a professional demeanor to be part of an exciting team that is helping to shape one of the world's strongest trading and brokerage brands.
The ideal candidate will display passion, integrity, commitment, and drive to deliver a positive, differentiated service.
- Conducting complex investigations into fraud and security event claims to help protect IBKR customers. These include identity theft, impersonation scams, unauthorized account access, compromised credentials, etc.
- Analyzing and interpreting data (login activity, banking, and trading activity) from multiple sources to compliment decision-making process.
- Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns whilst recommending anti-fraud processes for identified patterns and trends.
- Generate security event reports and risk management reports for line manager.
- Provide subject matter expertise whilst assisting, as necessary, in the provision of ongoing learning for junior analysts.
- Engage and liaise with many different teams in IBKR, including Compliance, AML, Funds and Banking, Complaints among others.
- Support line manager in all operational aspects, which can include ad-hoc investigations, or tasks, driving continual process improvement including creation of workflows, in support of new fraud patterns and trends realized.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years' experience in an information security, fraud prevention or fraud investigation role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Finance, Criminology preferred. Other educational degrees are open to apply.
- Proficient in Windows and/or macOS computer systems and basic office applications.
- Information Security knowledge, understanding of financial sector mechanisms, awareness of social engineering security attack methods and the skills to counter those events are essential for a successful candidate.
- Excel skills such as being able to create pivot tables, trend analysis, being able to visualize anomalies
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the security industry as it relates to IBKR including:
◦ Social engineering
◦ Fraud Schemes
◦ Mobile Security (2 factor authentication)
◦ Information Security
- Languages: Fluency in English. Any additional language is a plus.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving.
- Organized, practical, with an eye for accuracy and detail.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills. The ability to work well with people with capacity for independent work and subject matter ownership.
- Proven skills in time management and prioritization.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with real-time decision while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
- Able to take the initiative. Positive 'can do' attitude and a determination to succeed.
- Personality: Self-confident, self-motivated, extroverted, flexible, and able to work independently in a team-oriented environment.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899