Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC ('IB") seeks an Entry-Level Operations Associate to join our Clearing Department. The Clearing Department is responsible for a variety of functions including trade and position reconciliation, settlement processing, stock loan (securities lending) transaction reconciliation, fail management and customer account transfers. Team members will generally gain exposure to all of these functions during their career development. This particular role will specialize in stock loan buy-ins and reconciliation.
The Associate will be expected to operate, enhance and test the group’s constantly evolving, proprietary back office systems. Analysis of transaction data, settlement risk and other operational risk assessment will be an ongoing responsibility. The ideal candidate will be able to interface seamlessly with internal and external customers, counter-parties and clearing organizations. All associates are expected to focus on automated solutions to complex problems of varying degrees. Skills required include the ability to learn to work with sophisticated computer systems developers, eventually including the creation of business specifications for new or enhanced system functionality and new product support.
IB's proprietary reconciliation systems automatically analyze, compare and match data based on numerous criteria. This leaves only exception based issues to be handled and the Associate will be relied upon as a specialist to address these exceptional issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Mathematics preferred.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload within time constraints
- Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Excel and Word and must possess the ability to use these tools to present data clearly and concisely
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info