Interactive Brokers is seeking a Senior Anti-Fraud Specialist within the Fraud team at our Chicago Operations Center. This individual will be responsible for detecting new and evolving fraud patterns while providing consultation and strategic directions through professional reports and will assist with ensuring the firm complies with Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, anti-terrorist financing, sanctions, and industry AML laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrable analytical skills along with a passion for research and investigative evidence analysis.
- Proactively identity potential threats, vulnerabilities and suspicious behavior patterns and recommend effective mitigation measures.
- Recommend new software tools and enhancements to improve fraud detection, prevention, and reporting efforts.
- Read fraud and security risk management related articles, white papers, webinars, etc. to keep abreast of changes in the fraud and security landscape.
- Prepare reports, metrics, and research for the Fraud Investigations Manager to support fraud initiatives and projects.
- Investigate fraud referrals and perform necessary research to minimize risk and resolve the inquiry.
- Document research findings to support risk-based decision making and resolution to escalated fraud incidents.
- Interact with external partners such as law enforcement agencies, regulators, and financial institutions to coordinate investigations related to fraudulent activities.
- Maintain fraud analysis models to improve efficiency and effectiveness of company systems.
- Draft Regulatory Filings, such as Suspicious Activity Reports (“SARs”)
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience handling AML and fraud matters at a regulator, industry association, law firm, consulting firm, an investment advisory firm, or another broker-dealer are preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ingenuity and persistence to obtain case information not readily available.
- Ability to work independently, but cohesively within a team of specialized associates.
- Good organizational skills needed to manage assigned cases.
- Familiarity with financial markets, products, regulations, and institutions.
- Display good interviewing skills along with the capability of drafting reports.
- Honest and ethical with high levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-pace, automated, hands-on environment.
- Appropriate securities and/or commodities registrations and/or ability to complete further required registration exams promptly.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or similar certification preferred but not required.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401k with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info