Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
Network Support Engineer (CCNA)
We are looking for a competent Network Support Engineer, under the general supervision of Network Supervisor. The Network Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the Help Desk operates as a highly professional service. The IT Help Desk Technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explains its solution. You must be customer-oriented and patient to deal with internal customers. The goal is to create value for internal customers that will help resolve issues quickly
You will be someone who can:
- Serve as the first point of contact for internal customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Ensure that requests from users are properly triaged, logged, assigned and responded in a timely manner.
- Follow-up with the clients on the status of their requests
- Understanding of network issues related to end user problems.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Telephony system administration, voicemail and recording management
- Video and audio-conferencing management and implementation
- White glove executive support
- Manage hardware deployments (Racking, Stacking, Cabling and Labeling)
- Troubleshooting basic hardware and software problems for various desktops, laptops, printers, and network devices in a mixed platform of various operating systems. (Windows, Mac and Unix)
- Perform basic administration of Network Switches, access points and routers.
- Perform other related administrative functions and duties as may be required
- Inventory and asset management of networking devices.
- Train junior members of the team as a backup to the aforementioned responsibilities.
- Attend weekly team meetings and scheduled group- and firm-wide meetings.
You will need to have:
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Basic understanding of Wi-Fi networking and OSI model protocols.
- Must have network level troubleshooting/understanding of network switching (L1-L7)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in system administration knowledge of Microsoft and Linux environments
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in ticketing system tools (Such as ServiceNow, Jira, Remedy, but not limited to)
- A minimum of 3 years of recent and significant experience working in a help desk, first level support environment.
- Demonstrate mature interpersonal, communication skills, and behaviors.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, follow written procedures, while maintaining superior customer service at all times with all users.
- Requires the disposition and ability to adapt to ongoing changes and the adoption of new technologies in a rapidly evolving IT environment.
- Familiarity with service management frameworks strongly desired. ITIL Certification or similar, a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OSI model.
- Must be able to create, manage and oversee telecoms and hardware troubleshooting tickets.
- Ability to learn to effectively triage core applications and know when to escalate and when to exercise a reasonable amount of independent judgment.
- Support the team, share knowledge, ask questions and act continually on behalf of service improvement.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. for hardware installation
- Working knowledge of computer systems and other tech products.
- Basic network level troubleshooting/understanding.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant.
- Retirement plan (401k) with company match.
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy.
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack.
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities.
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info