Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers ("IB") has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release, with good knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and collaborate for improvements.
You will be part of:
A team that builds and supports vital infrastructure services and APIs with a focus on providing inter-system and inter-company data services.
You will be responsible to :
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Plan and execute all deployment of system features and monitor for successful integration, maintaining the system throughout its lifecycle.
- Write well-designed, efficient code, including:
- review, test, and debug team members’ code, and
- conduct the testing of completed code modules with the help of junior Java developers, and
- fixing code as needed to ensure a smooth system deployment with the intended functionality.
- Communicate and collaborate on development items with global team, as well as raise/work to resolve issues impacting development.
- Work with various internal stakeholders and developers on implementing solutions in production and development environments.
You are someone who will have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related degree; and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design and implementation of medium to large applications with a focus on providing back-end services for various client applications.
- Hands-on Expertise in Core-Java (server-side)
- 5+ years in core Java Multi-threading, collections, JVM, Garbage collection, Streams.
- Object oriented design and usage of commonly used design patterns.
- Experience with at least one of Oracle RDBMS, or REST service development are preferred.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix along with scripting skills
- An ability to diagnose problems through existing processes and procedures as well as being able to recognize when a condition does not fit the documented scenario.
Nice to Have :
- Experience with developing applications hosted in application servers such as jboss or tomcat; JMS and/or MQ messaging; SWIFT MT or MX messaging.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant.
- Retirement plan (401K) with competitive company match.
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy.
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack.
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities.
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info