Interactive Brokers has Compliance Analyst opportunities within our compliance team at our Chicago Office. Analysts report to a Compliance Manager and will work with the team to ensure the firm complies with Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, anti-terrorist financing, sanctions, industry AML, and securities laws and regulations.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Conducting reviews of account activity, including trading activity, deposit and withdrawal activity, and public domain activity, to determine if activity is in line with IBKR policy
- Advising management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Preparing regulatory filings related to AML & Financial Crime Risk activities
- Contribute to streamlining current processes and identifying areas for improvement
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years regulatory compliance experience working for an exchange, a regulatory organization, a Broker Dealer (BD), a Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) or similar organization. Alternatively, experience in internal audit, legal, accounting or other control function of a financial services firm or regulator would be beneficial. In the absence of direct industry experience, we will also consider applicants with excellent Bachelor’s-level educational credentials who have some background in law, accounting, data analytics or similar areas with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
Preferred qualifications include:
- High degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a small-team environment, and to multi-task with minimal supervision
- ACAMS, CFE, CFCS, Series 7, or other FINRA licenses or certifications a plus
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info