Job Description & Responsibilities
The Internal Auditor will perform Compliance, Financial, Operational and Information System audits for the purpose of determining the accuracy of financial records, effectiveness of prudent business practices, and compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations. The ideal candidate would be inquisitive, quick learner and capable of performing data analytical tasks.
- Conduct audits of international equity, fixed income, and commodity business lines, back-office departments and branch offices to assess compliance with firm policies and regulatory requirements;
- Establish approach, project plan and tests to achieve audit objectives;
- Develop process knowledge and identify risk areas for assigned audit projects;
- Review and appraise soundness, adequacy and application of manual and automated processes, and recommend corrective action where necessary;
- Participates in preliminary discussions with operating personnel during and at the conclusion of an audit discussing the conditions, criteria, effect, cause and recommendations relating to potential deficiencies noted during an audit;
- Identify/implement automation opportunities to enhance audit effectiveness and efficiencies of the business as a whole;
- Keep abreast with various securities and commodities regulations;
- Conduct audits in accordance with professional industry standards and established company policies.
Qualification & Skills
- A college degree is essential with acceptable majors being Finance, Accounting, or Information Systems
- Professional certification (CIA, CISA) is preferred
- 3+ years audit experience
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an automated, hands-on environment, and proficient with MS Office, especially MS Access and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Hungarian are a must; any other language is a plus)
- Candidates must have an EU passport or a qualifying work permit/residency to work in Hungary
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info