Job Description & Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers is looking for Trade Surveillance Analysts for its Budapest office, IBCE. These Analysts will review and analyze trading activity of the firm’s customers to identify potential breaches of market conduct rules or market related financial crime. IBKR does not use vendor solutions, rather it builds its own proprietary surveillance capability, leveraging its historical proprietary trading background. The IBCE surveillance role, therefore, offers interesting work and challenges, and opportunities for deep dive investigations versus the mass false positive alert processing roles offered in many financial institutions.
- Conducting trade surveillance and monitoring of transactions on EEA markets, including OTC and any product(s) that IBCE offers, for potential insider dealing or market manipulation
- Ensuring appropriate and timely alert management, following standards for closure or escalation
- Documenting surveillance reviews, investigations, and other activities following guidelines
- Assisting with the on-going design, development and calibration of reports and systems to help identify suspicious transaction
- Preparing STORs for submission to MNB
- Assisting with written responses to inquiries from the MNB, other European regulators or exchanges regarding trading activity by IBCE customers
- Liaising with global colleagues to ensure all impacted legal entities are informed of suspicious activity and working closely with the AML team
Qualification & Skills
- Background in customer trading surveillance preferred
- Strong product knowledge of equity or exchange traded derivative markets’ or, preferably, both
- Solid academic background
- Solid knowledge of EU market conduct rules and market regulations
- High degree of comfort with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems;
- Ability to work in a small-team and fast-paced environment; and to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Strong judgment and decision-making skill
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Hungarian are a must; any other language is a plus)
- Candidates must have an EU passport or a qualifying work permit/residency to work in Hungary
- Experience in working within MNB guidelines is an advantage
If you are motivated, have strong initiative, are analytical and methodical; we can offer you a position that will both challenge and reward you while becoming part of a team that is building one of the world’s strongest brokerage brands.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info