Job Description & Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers Central Europe Zrt. is looking to hire a compliance professional to operate as part of a team of AML professionals conducting ongoing surveillance and investigations on customer activities; where applicable supporting Management with filing reports with local law enforcement and regulators; become proficient with the firm’s case management tool – IBKR360 to ensure all monitoring and reporting activities are effectively documented in compliance with internal standards and regulatory expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute review of customers profile and activity history to determine whether there is a reasonable and appropriate rationale for the identified transaction(s);
- Document concise and consistent risk-based rationale for alert/investigation conclusions in line with internal and regulatory requirements;
- Perform work within the established timeframes and meet standards for Quality Assurance and Key Performance Indicator benchmarks;
- Assist in responding to queries/addressing escalations received from the 1LOD; and,
- Assists in the development and implementation of work paper templates, documentation standards, and processes for knowledge sharing across regional teams.
- Where required, assist Management in responding to external requests for information resulting from FIU activities, and other ad-hoc obligations (g., collate MI Dashboards, support completion of any program assessments and process enhancements, etc.);
- Communicating, and working closely, with regional surveillance partners, and business stakeholders to enable effective exchange of information needed to facilitate a consistent risk-based approach across IB’s multiple markets and operating entities;
- Provide ongoing support to the in developing policies and procedures, executing Quality Assurance, facilitating escalations and feedback-loop.
Qualification & Skills
- At least 2 years’ experience in transaction monitoring for financial crimes, in particular with regard to domestic and international payment activities, preferably gained at a large broker or other financial institution with a European customer base, or an EU regulator;
- Experience identifying red-flags/typologies associated with financial crimes; experience using SQL (or similar) to query relevant activity is advantageous;
- A Bachelor’s degree in law, business, finance, or accounting preferred or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or similar Compliance diploma or accreditation;
- Up to date knowledge of local regulations and European Directives in connection with documenting risk-based decisions and conclusions regarding potentially suspicious activity;
- Proven analytical skills, with a strong attention to detail, and a direct experience escalating high-risk issues to management;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Self- motivated with the ability to work in a small team as well as independently;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Hungarian are a must; any other language is a plus);
- Candidates must have an EU passport or a qualifying work permit/residency to work in Hungary.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info