Job Description & Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers is looking for a motivated and experienced Compliance Analyst with 5+ years of experience in a compliance role, preferably in the commodities or securities industry. This position is responsible for handling compliance supervision over reporting to various large position regulatory reporting systems such as the CFTC, US commodity exchanges and the OCC. Prior experience in working with the OCC LOPR system or the CFTC or US Commodity exchange Large Trader/OCR reporting systems is highly desired, but is not required.
General team Responsibilities:
This position is focused on compliance supervision over the daily large position reporting systems. This is an oversight function that requires the ability to read regulations, understand technical implementations of systems and to devise control procedures to test compliance.
Experience in researching transactional reporting issues to form evidenced- based conclusions is a necessary skill. While preference will be given to individuals that have financial services industry experience, other similar compliance type of experience in another industry will be considered. The successful candidate must have the ability to read and apply industry regulations to various situations, investigate and communicate any issues that arise, suggest solutions to operational and programming staff and track issues until they are resolved.
- Reviewing trade reporting-related surveillance reports for exceptions.
- Following up with software developers and/or management to address any exceptions.
- Corresponding with regulators on routine day-to-day matters.
- Gathering facts to assist the firm in responding to examinations and regulatory inquiries.
- Proposing improvements to, or additional controls over, regulatory reporting.
Qualification & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a quantitative or analytical field.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in the financial markets, particularly futures and options.
- Strong data analysis, investigatory, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong regulatory research and interpretation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to discuss and write about complex topics in a manner that is precise and persuasive.
- Advanced Excel skills are required (e.g., pivot tables, macros, etc.).
- The ideal candidate would have some ability to perform data analysis using common programming languages (e.g., Python, PERL, GO) and/or database queries (e.g., SQL).
- Current Registrations: FINRA Series 7 or 99 (operations professional) or willingness to take those exams.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan (401K) with company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities with Udemy
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.