Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Oracle Database Developer with good knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines and collaborate for improvements
You will be part of:
The Reference Data Department seeks an experienced database developer to join a team of sharp software professionals in a friendly, fast paced environment. The team is focused on modeling tradable financial instruments across all asset classes. The mission critical data is updated through real time feeds and major daily refreshes. It is distributed throughout our brokerage systems by proprietary data servers and a vast library of PL/SQL APIs.
We are continuously improving our intelligent, automated systems to provide world class brokerage services. Typical projects include enhancing an existing algorithm, adding a new feature, expanding a system to support new trading instruments, working on scalability, or investigating and fixing an existing issue.
You will be responsible to:
- Participate in all phases of the Systems Development Lifecycle including planning, requirements determination, current state analysis, solution design, estimating, construction, testing, training, implementing, and ongoing support and improvement.
- Perform application maintenance which includes, but not limited to, problem analysis, modification, enhancement.
- Develop and update documentation, as necessary.
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Eager to learn new tools and business concepts and quickly adapt to changing business requirements
You are someone who will have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience designing and developing complex database systems.
- Proficient in Perl scripting language.
- Deep hands on experience in Oracle database architecture design and development.
- Strong understanding and experience with Oracle database, SQL and PL/SQL including stored procedures and packages
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and techniques to tune software for maximum performance
- Complete understanding of Linux operating systems and Bash shell.
- Good knowledge of the Java programming language.
We will love to see in you:
- Detail oriented self-starter able to work both independently and in collaboration with team.
- Comfortable in an environment of continuous integration and development.
- Passionate about writing clean, well-tested, and maintainable code.
- Willingness to learn new programming languages and technologies
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan (401K) with company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities with Udemy
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info