Job Description & Responsibilities
- Maintain the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework
- Develop routine reports to monitor risks and ensure proper escalation procedures in case of breach
- Providing local management and Risk Committee with a regular comprehensive overview of the risks
- Conduct annual enterprise risk assessment and participate in the review of risk assessments
- Manage the ICAAP process and ensure timely submission of the report
- Contribute to the establishment of company and business line risk appetite statements and application of and adherence to the risk framework, policies, processes, measures and limits
- Ensure that the strategies, activities and organizational / operational structure of the company are compatible with the regulatory and internal risk limits
- Provide the Board and management consultation on processes and systems relating to governance programs, risks and internal controls
- Monitor the implementation of changes to the Firm’s technologies, services and/or activities in order to ensure continued adherence to existing controls
- Monitor the progress of risk mitigation activities
- Preparing, at least once a year, a summary report on the risk control function activities and its operation and submitting it to the CSSF
- Remain current with industry topics including elements relating to accounting, auditing, compliance, regulation, operations, best practices, and emerging risks
- Participate in special projects (new products/services, new/updated systems, etc.); provide consultation specific to projects relating to risks, processes, and controls
- Lead the professional development, coaching, and monitoring of team members and actively support the mission, vision, and values of the Company
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification & Skills
- At least 5 years of financial sector experience, including working in a Risk or Compliance function in a broker, an investment bank, a consultancy firm or as a regulator
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including the ability to provide clear and comprehensive presentations and "make complexity simple"
- Ability to challenge quality and consistency of documents via high attention to detail combined with ability to "step back" and see the big picture
- Desire to get into detail of regulatory rules, including taking both a legalistic approach and understanding the "spirit" behind the regulation
- Strong project management skills, proven organization, coordination and action tracking skills
- Prior work experience on Stress testing, Capital Adequacy or Compliance
- Experience in working within CSSF circulars and EBA guidelines is a key advantage
- Good understanding of IT systems and controls
You will be part of a team that is building one of the world’s strongest brokerage brands, and part of a global enterprise that employs technology in all aspects of its business to generate prudent and controlled growth.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info