Interactive Brokers Group is looking for a Financial Risk Specialist with a technical background, who is ready to play a key role in our growing business entities.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This role will be reporting to the Chief Risk Officer. The candidate will be responsible for identifying and analysing the areas of potential risk threatening the assets, returns and earning capacity for success of the organisation. As a financial Risk Analyst, you'll be responsible for assessing risks to capital from credit, market and liquidity risks, as well as forecasting cost to the organisation.
This position requires a knowledgeable risk management professional with proficiency in managing capital, liquidity, market and credit risks in a financial institution. Characteristics of a successful candidate include holding credentials in finance and risk, strategic thinking capability, experience with regulatory interactions, and keen analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Make recommendations to reduce or control risk, which may involve an insurance strategy
- Work with traders to calculate the risk associated with specific transactions
- Liaise with underwriters and insurers
- Prepare for and/or participate in discussions with regulatory authorities (CBI)
- Coordinate discussions with applicable vendor relationships
- Forecast and monitor market trends
- Consider proposed business decisions
- Analyze capital structure and adequacy against applicable regulatory capital ratios and requirements, including providing Risk input into ICAAP process.
- Assess liquidity and market risk levels by apply a risk-based approach to oversee risk taking activities
- Identify, measure monitor and report the level of, and mitigation efforts around the firm’s credit risk
- Conduct research to assess the severity of risk
- Conduct statistical analysis to evaluate risk, using software such as SPSS and SAS/STAT
- Review legal documents
- Present ideas via reports and presentations, outline findings and make recommendations for improvements
- Purchase insurance
- Carry out quantitative analysis
- Use financial packages and software, including portfolio management software
- Study government legislation, which may affect a company, and advise on compliance
- Protect the organisation's assets and public image
- Participate in development of business continuity and disaster contingency plans to deal with emergencies
Qualification & Skills
- 5 years Financial Risk experience.
- Recognised Qualification in risk management or equivalent qualification.
- A Quantitative primary degree is essential(e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematical Finance or Economics). Strong technology experience: sql (desirable)
- Strong numeracy, analytical and strategy skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills. A creative and innovative thinker
- Show distinct strategic and critical thinking, work through ambiguity and paying attention to detail
- A quick learner, able to context switch and is resilient
- Active listener with strong oral and written communication skills, plus good stakeholder management.
- Highly self-motivated and feature the ability to work independently (driven and proactive)
- Can take ownership/accountability for a function and product
- Ability to run with workload and determine priorities.
- Commercial awareness
- IT competence and computer literacy
- The ability to explain complex issues and present technical information clearly
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info