Interactive Brokers (U.K.) Limited (“IBUK”) is looking for a Senior Compliance Officer for its Compliance department to assist the Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”) with the fulfilment of Compliance responsibilities concerning conduct of business, staff training, and overall management of the department’s Compliance Risk Assessment and Compliance Testing and Monitoring Programme. The Senior Compliance Officer will be an integral member of the Compliance Management Team, reporting to the CCO/DCCO.
Interactive Brokers Group is a complex operating environment characterised by a wide range of products traded on 130+ market centers, a uniquely diverse client base ranging from experienced retail investors to sophisticated institutional clients, requiring application of a broad range of rules and regulations.
The Group is heavily investing in its Compliance function in terms of skilled resources and technology to support its ambitious business expansion plans. Known as technology pioneers, Interactive Brokers expects all support staff to proactively effect change to maintain high levels of automation on an ever-evolving platform.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Compliance professional to gain exposure to a wide range of governance and regulatory risk management requirements in a fast paced and complex operating environment.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Develop, drive and keep up to date compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations, with a focus on consumer protection and conduct of business, including best execution, product governance, appropriateness, intermediary risk, market structure, inducements and disclosure requirements;
- Working with Compliance Officers in multiple European offices, identify and monitor new and emerging regulatory and conduct rules and impacts on the firm/Group;
- Liaise with business partners providing regulatory input on new initiatives, products, and other matters;
- Maintain the Compliance Policy and Procedures framework, ensuring all artefacts are reviewed on a regular basis and updated as required;
- Support the CCO in managing Compliance’s responsibilities for relevant Committees, Board of Directors and other meetings, ensuring appropriate information is tabled in a timely manner, including compliance monitoring and testing results, breaches and other MIs, as required;
- Assist the CCO in developing and maintaining a staff compliance training programme, keeping materials up to date and scheduling training delivery and monitoring staff attendance;
- Contribute to the maintenance and execution of a European Compliance risk assessment and the EMEA’s monitoring and testing program, in accordance with industry standards and expectations of management, auditors, and the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”);
- Manage and develop a small team.
Qualification & Skills
- 5+ years of relevant Compliance experience, preferably at a large broker or other financial institution gained in either an Compliance, Risk, Audit or Regulatory Legal function;
- University degree or higher qualification. Law degree would be a preference;
- In-depth knowledge of applicable regulation, including MiFID/R and key FCA Conduct of Business Requirements. Knowledge of Market Abuse, SM&CR, EMIR, PRIIPS and SFTR is a plus;
- Broad experience of assessing risks, developing policy, implementing systems and controls, drafting procedures, devising and delivering training;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, and analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, formulate and articulate solutions and defend assumptions;
- Prior experience in managing human resources a plus.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info