Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a candidate with good technical knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures and maintain a high level of customer service while supporting the team and collaborating to service improvements
You will be part of:
Network Engineering Team, that is responsible for providing support to development teams and deployment of network designs with adherence to IB’s technical and solution standards.
You will be someone who will be responsible:
- As Network Operations Engineer you will be responsible for efficiently operating and maintaining IB’s production and development infrastructure in alignment with the enterprise strategies and standards.
- The candidate is responsible for supporting the deployment of network solutions with adherence to IB’s technical standards.
- Successful Candidate handle multiple priorities and translate conceptual designs into executable technology solutions.
- In this role, the candidate will be accountable for fulfilling day to day business requirements with an aim towards automated fault management. The candidate will be responsible for documenting network designs and ensuring communication and delivery of these services globally
You will be someone who can:
- Manages and fine tunes network monitoring and capacity management applications to reduce noise and deliver meaningful insights.
- Perform troubleshooting of system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of the global network. Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system related problem.
- Develops release management plan for platform connectivity solutions. Analyzes vulnerabilities, bugs and target features to recommend future OS versions. Provides cost justification for implementation across IB’s environment
- Work in collaboration with the design team to facilitate configuration and management of IB’s production networks
- Assist with maintaining business critical services in Contact Center environments for better availability, reliability and cost efficiency. Consult with peer organizations on best practices and technical guidance on all manner of Merger, Acquisition and Divestiture projects
- Mentor junior staff in network helpdesk, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Communicate the progress of your work to your peers, customers, and leads
- Provide self-assessment on how to improve their own performance
- Contribute towards streamlining functional processes and help minimize resource inefficiency
You will be someone who will have :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5-7 years of direct experience installing and /or managing a highly available global production network for a large enterprise with at least 2 years of current hands on experience with data center and branch routing, switching, voice and security
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a large enterprise with a focus on reliable connectivity in, contact center and unified communications for financial and regulated environments
- Current knowledge and demonstrated understanding of infrastructure protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, ECMP, etc.), Route optimization, load balancing, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, IPAM and application protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/UDP, LDAP, SNMP, etc.) as well as means of securing communications
- Versed in a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments e.g. Cisco, Arista, Juniper, VMWare, F5 as well as developing and deploying solutions on open source protocols and technologies
- Deep technical experience within WAN, LAN, Voice and Security technologies, including a demonstrated background in Routing Protocols, Contact Center & Network Security Platforms. The candidate must also have broad proficiency in Network Virtualization, Cloud computing, SDN/NFV and overlay technologies.
- Hands on knowledge of wired and wireless connectivity platforms and protocols such as DWDM, MPLS, Spanning-tree, RF optimization, 802.11x and 802.1x authentication
- Expert knowledge and experience with Internet Protocol (IP) suite is essential, including protocols such as SIP, H.323, MGCP and their relationships and integrations in large-scale networks
- Must have general and technical knowledge of telecommunications technologies (as it relates to VoIP) including: TCP-IP, IP routing, Voice packet capture, VOIP, PBXTDM, inter-working of these technologies as it relates to voice, data, broadband, IPT, and Internet services, deployment and implementation of these technologies and services
- Will be responsible for implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, daily operation and upgrading of core Avaya Aura Products including System Manager, Session Manager, Communications Manager, Media Server, Voice Gateways G450/G430/G650, Application Enablement (AES), CC Elite, SIP trunking, SIP endpoints
- (Good to have) 2+ years of tooling and analytics experience supporting monitoring, root cause analysis and automation. Relevant work experience, including Unix systems administration with scripting experience in Shell, Ansible, Python or PERL
Benefits to work with us –
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan (401K) with company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off along and generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities with Udemy
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info