Interactive Brokers a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees. (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
Interactive Brokers seeks a person who is a hardworking, detail-oriented, creative, problem solver. This position requires the ability to quickly learn new skills in a small but growing and dynamic environment.
The Financial Control Associate will be responsible for the reconciliation of settlement ledgers and systems, as well as the testing, operation and enhancement of the group’s constantly evolving proprietary back office systems. The analysis, escalation and resolution of settlement differences will be an ongoing responsibility. The ideal candidate will be able to interface seamlessly with various internal departments, counterparties and clearing organizations. All associates are expected to focus on automated solutions to complex problems of varying degrees. Skills required include the ability to learn to work with sophisticated computer systems and developers, eventually including the creation of business specifications for new or enhanced system functionality and new product support.
Reporting to the Financial Control Manager, this role will deal with settlement reconciliations for both customer and proprietary trading of stock, options, futures, bonds, warrants, ETFs, F/X and securities lending activity, as well as weekly and monthly reporting requirements.
The firm’s proprietary systems automatically analyze, compare and match data based on numerous criteria. The Associate will be expected to constantly evaluate systems and processes to identify inefficiencies and to interface with our software developers to recommend system improvements.
- Daily reconciliation of proprietary and customer settlements to the cash activity reported through the firm’s external clearing banks and recorded to the General Ledger.
- Investigation of all reconciling items, as well as close interaction with the firm’s clearing, corporate actions, and accounting departments to resolve them.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of outstanding differences.
- Dividend reconciliation from the General Ledger to our internal dividend system.
- Support various audit requests to ensure the firm’s compliance with securities and financial regulations.
- Operate and enhance the firm’s proprietary Trade Settlement Reconciliation system.
- Constantly evaluate systems and processes to identify inefficiencies and recommend and interface with developers on recommended system changes.
- Entry level: 0-1 year experience, priority will be given to those with college courses and internships within securities operations, broker/dealer, or fund accounting.
- Solid academic background with a minimum Bachelor's' degree in Mathematics, Science, Accounting, Finance or Business.
- High degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business or an ability to develop this rapidly.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Detailed oriented with excellent maths skills.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Self-Motivated and energetic.
- Professional demeanour and strong communications skills.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel/Visual Basic
- Ability to work a small-team environment.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials is a plus.