Job Description & Requirements
Interactive Brokers is looking to hire a Proactive Media Relations Specialist to join our Marketing Team.
• Lead external communications for Interactive Brokers.
• Proactively pitching US and foreign media and obtaining positive media coverage for the Interactive Brokers Group in financial, trade traditional and electronic media worldwide.
• Leverage existing contact base and expand and maintain relationships with key media.
• Meet regularly with journalists in greater New York area and maintain regular email and phone contact with reporters beyond the region.
• Organize media tours and media events.
• Pitch reporters following press releases and other corporate announcements and events.
• Write press releases, pitches and public statements.
• Write / assist with writing articles for placement.
• Monitor and respond to reporter inquiries on a daily basis, including after hours and on weekends.
• Research incoming requests to assure legitimacy.
• Craft responses to reporter inquiries and provide responses prior to deadlines.
• Monitor reporter requests for comment via HARO, Profnet, Qwoted, etc. and pitch interviews and / or provide information and carefully crafted quotes for stories.
• Work with Interactive Brokers’ spokespeople to coordinate in person and phone interviews and serve as company spokesperson.
• Monitor for coverage daily and supply copies of coverage to spokespeople and colleagues where relevant.
• Share media coverage with social media and sales teams to amplify publicity.
• Prepare summaries of press coverage and press releases to post to the company website.
• Maintain ongoing record of media outreach and results.
• Maintain and expand media lists, media calendar, events calendar.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, communications, PR, or journalism and 5+ years working for a financial services company.
• Experience with trading and a thorough understanding of investing and investment products (stocks, fixed income, ETFs, mutual funds, options, futures, and forex) is required.
• Strong attention to detail and persistency are keys to success.
• Superb written and verbal communications skills are required.
• Proven track record of obtaining positive publicity in national and international print, broadcast media and online media is a plus.
• A wide network of current journalist contacts is also advantageous.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and results oriented.
• Able to follow directions while also being capable of working with minimal supervision.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills.
• Familiarity with BusinessWire or PR Newswire, Cision, HARO, Qwoted, Factiva, Gorkana.
• Ability to work / travel nights and weekends when necessary.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info