- Taking partial responsibility for the public site, its evolution in terms of implementation, the front-end architecture and its user experience.
- Creating web pages, modify existing pages and integrating with our back-end systems.
- Co-owner of the code base, suggesting and implementing ways to improve it.
- Crafting user experiences that are ambitious in their practical simplicity and refined through intuition, understanding of our customers and testing.
- Cooperating closely with all stakeholders to ensure scope is understood, design is sound and deadlines met.
- Reviewing design and code produced by your development colleagues.
- 2+ years of industry gained development experience with a track record of delivery.
- preferably some experience with Redux or other observable state management pattern
- familiar with a build system (e.g. Gradle)
- a strong understanding of fundamental computer science. Expertise in application design and how to keep it simple even as requirements grow.
- web testing and troubleshooting skills – you know the web developer tools.
- evidence of unconventional thinking showing that you have worked smarter not just harder.
- excellent organizational, communication and soft skills.
- experience in a light-weight, rapid turnaround engineering environment.
- a strong academic record, a graduate in a science or technology subject, post-graduate is a plus.
- passionate advocate of concise and simple code, designs and applications.
- technical leader, a person that inspires trust and confidence in your peers.
- great team member – has the confidence to admit errors, can follow as well as direct and learn as well as teach.
- an individual who thrives in a fast paced, relatively unstructured environment.
- learn a new business domain fast, getting to grips with new concepts and asking questions.
- demonstrate a strong sense of personal integrity and accountability.
- accept and act upon constructive criticism.
Interactive Advisors, part of Interactive Brokers Group, is a SEC registered online investment advisor and marketplace for discovering exceptional portfolio managers. We provide investors with full transparency and control. We help our clients find specialized managers and save money with low trading costs and automation. Our technology replicates portfolio managers’ trades, providing clients the convenience of “set and forget” functionality with the protection of our proprietary trade filtering. We have offices in Boston and London.