- Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers.
- IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
- Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
- Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
- IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to support the APAC Project team’s coverage based in Hong Kong.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Work with business units to map out existing processes/practices, document requirements and capture feedback
- Validate feedback & findings captured to ensure accuracy
- Run database queries using SQL to retrieve data to support ongoing projects (i.e. issue investigations, impacted clients, solution design, impact/progress tracking)
- Draft initial task/project requirements in Confluence/JIRA for PM review
- Create clear concise JIRA tickets outlining programming requirements
- Assist Project Managers in monitoring the implementation progress, tracking and escalating priority issues
- Bachelor degree or above. Ideally in Computer Science/Engineering/Finance/Economics/Business with 3+ years working experience.
- Solid understanding of financial products & markets is preferred
- Competent at running SQL queries, other programming languages (i.e. Python/HTML) is a plus
- Exposure to business analytics/intelligence and report building tools would be useful
- JIRA & Confluence experience is desirable
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Logical thinker with the ability to clearly communicate ideas & findings in both verbal and written form.
- Strong spoken and written English is a must. Spoken Cantonese is ideal. Other Asian languages are a plus.
- Strong analytical aptitude, attention to detail
Watch the following videos to hear from current employees at Interactive Brokers.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info